More about the November 8 General Election
The California General Election on November 8, 2022. All California active registered voters will receive a vote-by-mail ballot. Note these key dates:
- Last day to register to vote online for the November 8, 2022, General Election is October 24, 2022.
- County elections office will begin mailing ballots by October 10, 2022.
- Your ballot will include 7 Ballot Propositions, candidates for U.S. Senate, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, Controller, Treasurer, Attorney General, Insurance Commissioner, Member of State Board of Equalization, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, U.S. Representative in Congress, State Senator, State Assembly Member, Supreme Court Justices, as well as other local candidates and local measures.
- There are two contests for the U.S. Senate on this ballot. You can vote for both contests. One for a 6-year term ending January 3, 2029; and One for the remainder of the current term ending January 3, 2023.
- Return your vote-by-mail ballot by mail with prepaid postage postmarked on or before Election Day and received by November 15, 2022, or in-person to a secure ballot drop box, to a voting location or your elections office by 8 p.m. on November 8, 2022.
- In-person voting locations will offer voter registration, replacement ballots, accessible voting machines, and language assistance to those who need it.
- Vote centers open in all Voter’s Choice Act counties on October 29, 2022.
More details from the California Secretary of State.