Financial Preparedness and Recovery. Physical disasters can also create financial disasters, and financial disasters can exist without physical disasters. Remember, we can’t predict, but we can prepare. This certainly applies to personal finances. By taking the steps that will be discussed at this meeting,you and your family will be in a better position to weather a physical or financial disaster. No matter your age, income, or financial history, start preparing today. Presentation by Janet Gibson, Batn. 12 co-coordinator.
Janet prepared an informational document for SoCalPrep as part of our EP lists. You can find it here:
For more information, please contact LAFD CERT Battalion 15 co-coordinator Glenn Dollar or Pat Hall at
Meeting is in the Community Room, accessible via the doors about half-way on the south side of the station. Kindly do not bother the station personnel for directions to the Community Room.
Fire Station 87
10124 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA 91344
Date & Time:
Thursday, June 27
6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
Resources For Getting Prepared
PDF files for personal, car, pet, work, home, kid’s go bag suggested contents, pet preparedness, home security, nuclear safety, financial preparedness, where supplies can be purchased, and much more, are on the Southern California Preparedness Foundation website: SoCalPrep.us. We have many of our lists in Spanish.
What? You Didn’t Know?
As we move into the heat of summer, please remember NOT to walk your dogs outside on pavement if it is too hot for you to hold your hand against it for 30 seconds. Please tell those who may not know. More pet preparedness info can be found our our SoCalPrep.us website.
Radio Nets Emphasizing Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
If you have a ham radio license and your call sign doesn’t appear here: ________, please let me know what it is. Licensed amateurs are encouraged to check in on the ham radio nets listed below.
FRS/GMRS nets. (Family Radio Service/General Mobile Radio Service.) Radio operators are encouraged to check into any (or all!) of the following nets:
- Lake Balboa Neighborhood Council EP net meets every Sunday, 10:00 am (or at the conclusion of the ham radio EP net), on channel 15.
- Oakridge Estates (Sylmar) net meets first Sunday at 10:30 am on channel 15.
- Neighborhood Council Valley Village net meets the last Sunday of the month, 10:00 am, on channel 5.
- Los Feliz Neighborhood Council net meets the first Monday of the month, 7:00 pm, on channel 15.
- CERT South Bureau (Westside Village) net meets the first Tuesday of the month, about 7:30 pm (follows a ham radio net), on channel 15 via GMRS repeater. Net control may also be able to hear you simplex, so if you are not GMRS licensed, give it a try on simplex.
Amateur Radio (ham) nets. Licensed amateur radio operators are encouraged to check into any (or all!) of the following nets:
- Lake Balboa Emergency Preparedness net meets every Sunday morning, 9:00 am, on 145.570 mHz simplex
- Hillside Communities Emergency Communications (HCEC) net meets every Saturday morning, 8:30 am, on 144.505 mHz, +600 kHz, PL tone: 162.2.
- CERT South Bureau (Westside Village) net meets the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 pm on the Hughes repeater, 445.620 mHz, -5 mHz, PL tone: 127.3.
- Southern California Mutual Aid net meets every Tuesday at 7:00 pm on 447.820 mHz, -5 mHz, PL tone: 67.0.