EP Communications Committees & Special Joint LBNC Board Meeting
SATURDAY, MAY 11th, 2019 – 9:00 AM TO 11:00 AM
The Flyaway Bus Terminal — Community Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
GO INSIDE — Take the elevator at the north end of the building. Or, climb the steps out front!.7610 Woodley Avenue (NE Corner of Saticoy and Woodley) Lake Balboa, CA 91406 FREE PARKING — in the short-term lot out front in the spaces closest to Woodley Ave.
1. CALL TO ORDER, WELCOME, SCRIBE’S INSTRUCTIONS
2. INTROS, APPROVAL OF 4-13-19 EP MEETING MINUTES
3. COMMITTEE REPORTS: LAPD SLO, OFFICER ISALA PARRA-SMITH; Public Safety Committee, JAMES BROWN; EP Communications, DAN TOMLINSON
4. PUBLIC COMMENT ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
5. LAKE BALBOA NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ELECTIONS, SUNDAY, MAY 19TH, 10:00 AM‘TIL 4:00 PM, GAULT ST. SCHOOL, 17600 GAULT ST. SHREDDING, PIZZA, MUSIC!
15701 Sherman Way, P. O. Box 7720 Van Nuys, CA 91409
Phone: (818) 779-9026 – (Voice Mail)
6. WHICH ITEMS WILL DISAPPEAR FROM STORE SHELVES FIRST (PROVIDED THERE ARE ANY STORES OPEN!) AFTER A DISASTER STRIKES? IN OTHER WORDS, WHICH ITEMS ARE MOST IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO STOCK UP ON NOW?
7. Please don’t forget the animals! Please bring contributions for OPERATION BLANKETS OF LOVE for animals in Shelters, and also pets owned by the Homeless. Needed items include
clean/new blankets and towels, collars and leashes, food and treats, stainless steel food bowls, crates, igloos, and carriers, litter, flea meds and other dog and cat related items. Nights are still cold! We need blankets! Remember: SHELTERS HAVE NO BUDGET FOR COMFORT ITEMS!!! Please be Generous… Don’t forget mascara wands washed in hot water and Dawn Dishwashing Soap for cleaning/medicating tiny creatures in NC Wildlife Centers.
Communications Committee: Contact Committee Chair, Dan Tomlinson (NR6V) at (818) 776-0474 or DTomlinson@socal.rr.com for information on Ham/FRS/GMRS/WALKIE-TALKIE Radios and Classes.
Sunday Morning Lake Balboa Amateur Radio Net: EVERY SUNDAY, 9:00 AM, Simplex 145.570. How Far Can We Transmit? On What Equipment and Power? Who Hears Us? All Licensed Hams are Invited! We are a very friendly Net, and we especially love to help NEW Hams get started!Don’t be shy – come check in with us! You’ll make some great new friends and have fun, too!
FRS/GMRS/Walkie-Talkie Check-In: NOW EVERY SUNDAY OF THE MONTH, 10:00 AM, (Channel 15. Channel 17 if 15 is busy). An easy and great way for EVERYBODY to communicate after a disaster! Quick and easy to do. Could save lives! New radio? Bring it to our EP meeting!
SFV Amateur Radio Club Meeting: (Always the 3rd Friday), Next meeting will be Friday, May 17that 7:30pm. PLEASE NOTE NEW (FOR US!) MEETING LOCATION: LAPD WEST VALLEY STATION COMMUNITY ROOM, 19020 Vanowen St., Reseda, CA 91335. Park behind the Library next door.
Granada Hills North Neighborhood Council EP Meeting, Third Tuesdays. Next Meeting 5/21/19, 7:00 PM. Bill Hopkins, EP Chair: email@example.com More Great EP Information and Fun! New Meeting Location To Be Determined! Stay Tuned, or Contact Bill Hopkins at Above Address.
Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting of the Lake Balboa EP Committee on Saturday, 6/08/19, at 9:00 AM, 2nd Floor Community Room, Flyaway Bus Terminal, 7610 Woodley Ave., Lake Balboa, CA
For Emergency Preparedness and Map Your Neighborhood Information, contact EP Committee Co- Chairs, Linda Pruett at firstname.lastname@example.org (818) 384-8375, or Sandy Joseph at Sandra@lakebalboanc.org. Check the www.CERT-LA.com website often to stay abreast of all that’s happening in the CERT world, and www.LakeBalboaNC.org for information about our Lake Balboa Neighborhood Council.
Our Neighborhood Council meets the first Wednesday of each month, in the Gault Street Elementary School Auditorium, 17600 Gault Street, Lake Balboa, at 7:00 PM (6:30 PM Meet and Greet)
Next meeting is Wednesday, June 5th, 2019. Come join us!