In-memoriam Community Blood Drive & Valley Disaster Preparedness Fair Emergency Preparedness Kit Distribution
Saturday, November 21st
Bloodmobile Bus on-site accepting donations from 9:00am–3:00pm
St. Euphrasia Parish
11766 Shoshone Ave, G.H., 91344
All aspects are at no cost:
- Valley Disaster Preparedness Fair 2020 registrants may pick-up their 2020 Emergency Preparedness Kits
Everything completely free for those who donate blood, no charge for any of the following: (exactly as Linda & Bill would have it!)
- Testing of CoVid-19 antibodies included for successful blood donors
- First-timers welcome too: one doesn’t need to know their type & receives comprehensive info to be able to find out their own individual blood type
- Cedars-Sinai will provide each & every donor a complimentary health screening which includes blood pressure assessment, iron/hematocrit reading, temperature, pulse
- Access to the online portal which allows donors to see previous donations, blood type, health-wellness summary & monitor any fluctuations in b/p, iron, etc.
- Most common daily medications are fine (cholesterol, blood pressure, birth control, antidepressants, thyroid, even diabetics taking insulin)
- Tattoos are allowed, as well as body piercings too
- Individually packaged all-you-can-eat refreshment snacks, bottled water, juice
- All ages 17 & up
- No upper age limit & I recently had a 88 year old give blood he did great like a champ!
- Weigh at least 110 lbs & be in good general health
- If one is 16 years old, they may also donate too but will need a signed parent consent hospital document & can reach me directly for further details
- Walk away not only with a wonderful feeling of touching someone’s life in a deeply meaningful way yet also receive a treat voucher as a token of appreciation!
Bloodmobile Bus is able to be stationed on-site in the large parking lot,
with an adjacent canopy tent set up for intake.
Look for the big white Disaster Fair Kit Distribution Truck
Kits will be available in English, Spanish, Braille and new this year – Children’s EP Kits
Partnership Development, Community Blood Program
8700 Beverly Blvd ST #1670 : Los Angeles 90048
Direct 310.717.5996 : cedars-sinai.org/DonateBlood