Valley Alliance of Neighborhood Councils (VANC) Meeting
Sherman Oaks Hospital – Doctor’s Conference Room
4929 Van Nuys Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA
Austin Beutner, Superintendent, LAUSD, Featured Guest Presenter
“We’ve got to figure out a way to communicate facts, figures, and budgets in a way people will comprehend.”—Austin Beutner
“Can he press for smarter fiscal policies & desperately needed educational improvements, all while juggling the bitterly divided factions within the LAUSD?”—LA Times
- Welcome and Introductions, Jill Banks Barad, Founder and Chair
- Guest Speaker: Austin Beutner, LA Unified School District Superintendent.
- Neighborhood Council Reforms: Motion (CF 18-0467) by Councilmember David Ryu, Chair, Health, Education & Neighborhood Councils Committee.
VANC Executive Committee Recommendations.
- DONE Report: (Grayce Liu, GM DONE), 2018-2019 Budgets, Rollovers, Sub-divisions,
- Equity funding (Bryan Allen, GHNC, Corinne Ho, CPNC) *Every NC needs to weigh in. *
- Election Survey Worksheet (Glenn Bailey, NHENC)
- Animal Welfare Report: (Jeff Mausner, Tarzana NC)
- Valley Economic Alliance Canabiz Event. (Richard Adams, SCNC)
- VANC November 8th Event, ( Ideas to consider: Planning Forum, Panel discussion, as well as other issues) Planning starts NOW!
- Important Council Files to consider (Glenn Bailey, )
- Items from the floor
Mark your calendar
* Next VANC Meeting, Thursday, July 12, 6:30 p.m. SO Hospital Doctor’s Conf. Room
* Congress of Neighborhood Councils, Saturday, September 22, LA City Hall