Valley Alliance of Neighborhood Councils (VANC)
The Valley Alliance of Neighborhood Councils (VANC) was founded in 2003 by Jill Banks Barad of the Sherman Oaks NC and represents the 34 Neighborhood Councils in the Valley. VANC meets monthly and its mission is to develop solutions to the issues of concern in the San Fernando Valley. The meetings are generally held on the second Thursday of the month beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the Sherman Oaks Hospital Doctor’s Conference Room, 4929 Van Nuys Blvd. in Sherman Oaks.
Update on SB 827- defeated in Senate Transportation & Housing Committee. *VANC representatives lobbied CA legislators to preserve local control and protect our neighborhoods. We will keep you informed of any further action.
- Welcome and Introductions Jill Banks Barad, Founder and Chair
- DONE Report: (Grayce Liu, GM DONE), 2018-2019 Budgets, Rollovers, Sub-divisions, NC Webmasters (new policy ?, guidelines ??).
- Equity funding (Bryan Allen, GHNC, Corinne Ho, CPNC) *Every NC needs to weigh in. *
- LADWP: 100% Renewables presentation ( Louis Ting, Director of Power Planning & Development,DWP)
- Safe Clean Water for LA County Residents (Pamela Manning, Co. DWP) and TreePeople
- Dept.of City Planning: ( Fabiola Inzunza, Neighborhood Liaison, & Rubina Ghazarian,) Planning issues , Planning 101 Trainings , Pet Shop Ordinance, Community Plan Program Update (CF 16-0422), City Planning website, Implementation of SB 743 (Transportation Demand Management Ordinance).
- Urban Forestry Tree Removal: Save a tree. (Joanne D’Antonio, Greater Valley Glen)
- BONC Update: Updates from BONC Commissioners
- BONC North Valley Commissioner: Motion from VANC Exec Committee: Request for North Valley BONC Commissioner to resign , or to be replaced .
- VANC November 8th Event, ( Ideas to consider: Planning Forum, Panel discussion, as well as other issues) Planning starts NOW!
- Important Council Files to consider (Glenn Bailey, )
- Items from the floor
Mark your calendar
* Next VANC Meeting, Thursday, June 14, 6:30 p.m. SO Hospital Doctor’s Conf. Room