Thursday, May 11, 2017
Sherman Oaks Hospital, 4929 Van Nuys Blvd.,
Doctor’s Conference Room.
(Validated parking in the structure)
Brenda Barnett, General Manager,
Dept. of Animal Services
Plans to make LA animal shelters ‘no-kill’.
- Welcome and Introductions – Linda Gravani and Mike O’Gara, VANC Exec Comm.
- Community Plan Update Program– Presentation from Adam Villani, City Planner, Dept.of City Planning
- NC Resolution on Timing of the NC 2020 Elections (Glenn Bailey, Grayce Liu, GM DONE) Has your NC voted and submitted the Resolution? Extended deadline is May 5.
- BONC Ad-hoc Committee on NC Elections CF 15-1022-S2. DONE recommendations concerning (1) online voting, and
(2) recommendation to set the minimum voting age for ALL NC elections to
16 years of age.
- Public Works Services- (Laila Alequresh , Office of the CAO) How can the City improve the way public works services are delivered ? Efficiencies that would better serve LA residents?
- Update: NC/BONC Subdivision Ordinance (the “Hermon Ordinance”) DONE Funding policy?
- NC Congress, Saturday, September 9: Update (Cindy Cleghorn, Sunland-Tujunga)
- LADWP Bill of Rights- NC input to DWP (Tony Wilkinson, Pan. City NC, Chair MOU).
- Important Council Files for NCs to consider(Glenn Bailey, Northridge East/ Encino NCs)
- NC Liaisons- Animal Welfare, Film, Purposeful Aging
- Items from the floor
- Next VANC meeting- Thursday, June 8