When your pet needs you most, will you be ready?
When emergencies happen, the right skills can mean the difference between relief and tragedy. Make sure you know how to respond.
Animals are dependent on people to survive when disaster strikes. That’s why you as a caregiver need to take the time NOW to plan and prepare. If a natural disaster, or act of terrorism occurred, would you be prepared?
You will learn how to manage a variety of urgent care situations including: car accidents, wounds, electrical shock, and eye, foot and ear injuries.
During a disaster, when professional help might not be available, wouldn’t it be nice to know how to care for your furry friends?
This Pet First Aid class will cover pet life-saving skills. It is a great class to learn about how to protect your pets and save them in the event of a disaster. How to evacuate with pets, preparing pets for emergencies, protecting yourself against panicked animals. Class is lecture with hands on components. This is not a certification and fee does not include a pet book.
- Understanding the importance of training and elements of pet safety
- Administering medication properly
- Managing breathing and cardiac emergencies including choking
- Proper restraint of injured cats and dogs
- Treating wounds
- Care for eye, foot and ear injuries
- Preparing for disasters and how to evacuate pets
- Treating of burns and environmental emergencies
- Necessary steps needed to prepare before, during, and after a disaster.
Students will work with pet manikins to practice rescue breaths and CPR.
Instructor: Soteria Training Services
Product Code: CLASS32130
SOS Survival Products
C. Denise Edwards Training Center
15705 Strathern St., #11
Van Nuys, CA 91406