NORTH HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
RULES & ELECTION COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDA
Wednesday December 14, 2016 from 5:30 – 6:30 pm
Mid-Valley Regional Library 16244 Nordoff Street, NORTH HILLS, CA 91343
- Discussion and possible motion to Approve Previous Meeting Minutes of November 17, 2016
- General Public Comments – 2 minutes per Speaker
The public may provide comments to the committee on non-agenda items within the Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction. However, please note that under the Brown Act, the committee is prevented from acting on the issue you bring to its attention until the matter is agendized for discussion at a future public meeting.
- Welcome and Flag Salute followed by Roll Call and announcement of quorum and qualifications
4. Carried forward from prior meeting on November 17, 2016: Discussion of possible Standing Rules and possible Bylaws modifications: examples
Discussion of possibly going to a “staggered” Neighborhood Council Election
Where only 1/2 of the Board seats are up for Election at any Election
Discussion regarding counting abstentions as a yes vote
Discussion regarding the effect of recusals on quorum
Discussion regarding maintaining recorded media, like audio recordings of meetings.
As there is currently no wording, the accepted default procedure is to maintain media a minimum of 90 days beyond the approval of the minutes the recording represents.
5. Committee Member Comments
6. Requests For Future Agenda Items
7. Motion to Adjourn