NORTH HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
ad hoc EDUCATION COMMITTEE
Tuesday, January 17, 2017 from 7:00 – 9:00 pm
JAMES MONROE HIGH SCHOOL
9229 HASKELL AVE., NORTH HILLS, CA 91343
F HALL – COURTROOM
- Welcome followed by Roll Call and announcement of quorum.
- General Public Comments – 2 minutes per Speaker
The public may provide comments to the committee on non-agenda items within the Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction. However, please note that under the Brown Act, the committee is prevented from acting on the issue you bring to its attention until the matter is agendized for discussion at a future public meeting.
- Overview discussion of future topics and presentations, including suggestions such as:
- LAUSD Programs: Presentations/Workshop, Community Relations, Domestic/Family Violence, Drugs/Alcohol, Gangs, etc.
- Parents/Stakeholders will have a strong influence on the Education Committee’s future agenda. If the concern involves our children and any positive or negative influence on their quality of life impacting education, then together we will address it!
- Discussion concerning future forum at Monroe High School:
- LAPD Deputy Chief Robert Green, Operations Valley Bureau: “Better Community Relations & Safer Communities”.
- Addressing Students/Listening to Students Feedback and Participation to improve Student/Community relations.
- Discussion, suggestions and possible action to approve the preparation of a Resolution re: “Student Safe Passage/Homeless Encampments”.
- Discussion on future Monthly Education Committee Meeting Dates:
Every first Wednesday or Thursday
- Committee Comments
- Future Agenda Items
- Second Public Comment (Time Permitting)
- Announce next meeting date.
- Motion to Adjourn
The North Hills West Neighborhood Council Agenda
is posted for public review at the following North Hills West locations:
1. Uncle Joe’s Donuts – 8704 Woodley Avenue
and on our website at: