NEXT NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH MEETING: January 9th, 2020 at 7:00 P.M.
The next neighborhood watch meeting will be held on January 9th, 2020 at 7:00 pm, at The Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church (17037 Plummer Street- Main Ball Room).
CELEBRATING HOLIDAYS SAFELY:
With the Thanksgiving season quickly approaching, the Los Angeles Police Department has put together some tips to ensure that your holiday celebrations are safe for you and your family.
First and foremost, exercise caution when traveling to and from Thanksgiving celebrations,
• Don’t drink and drive! Alcohol and drugs affect judgment, reaction time, concentration, vision and play a major role in traffic collisions.
• Call 911 if you see a drunk driver on the road.
• Help friends and those you know are drunk to make other arrangements.
Before going out,
• Plan a safe way home.
• Designate a sober driver and leave your car keys at home.
When attending Holiday celebrations,
• Know your safe limit
• Have something to eat before consuming alcoholic beverages.
• Don’t leave a party and go back to your car unescorted or out of sight.
If you are hosting Thanksgiving,
• Have non-alcoholic beverage options available for your guests.
• Arrange ahead for an official designated driver for your guests who will not drink at all and/or, find alternative transportation for your intoxicated guests.
• Thanksgiving is often a time for families to reconnect and spend quality time together. Family dynamics often play out that can result in conflict.
o Give this thought and plan as much as possible when inviting guests.
o Out of concern for you and for all your guests, make every effort to keep the peace.
o Try to balance your values with the relationships you want your family and friends.
Finally, be extra cautious and aware of strangers at your door during the Thanksgiving season.
• Criminals sometimes pose as couriers delivering gifts.
• Be aware that it is not uncommon for criminals to take advantage of the generosity of people during the holiday season by soliciting donations door-to-door for charitable causes although no charity is involved. Ask for identification and verify how the funds will be used. If you have any concerns, don’t donate.
We at LAPD are depending on you to partner with us to make our communities a safer place to live, to work and to play. It is our sincere hope that this information will enable you and your family to better enjoy this Holiday season.
Efren Corral #35472
Senior Lead Officer
Los Angeles Police Department
10250 Etiwanda Avenue
Northridge, CA 91325
Desk: (818) 832-0746
Cell: (424) 339-4079