LBNC Public Safety Committee Meeting
All are welcome
Take the outside stairs on the north west corner of building
Or come inside and take the north east corner elevator to 2nd floor
turn right to end of corridor to meeting room
1. WELCOME: 10:00 AM PLEASE SIGN IN.
2. OPENING REMARKS: James Brown, 1st VP, LBNC & Chair – Health & Public Safety Committee 3. ATTENDEE/GUEST INTRODUCTIONS
4. PUBLIC COMMENT – NON-AGENDA ITEMS
- OVERCOMING CPR RELUCTANCE – The life of someone you know may be at stake
CPR TRAINING IN HIGH SCHOOLS/CHARTER SCHOOLS (GRADES 9-12) IS NOW A STATE LAW AND A REQUIREMENT FOR GRADUATION (2018/2019)
HEART ATTACK, SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST, STROKE – Learn the difference
HEART ATTACK GENDER GAP – HEART ATTACKS STRIKE MEN AT YOUNGER AGES THAN WOMEN. BUT SURVIVAL RATES ARE WORSE IN WOMEN. WHY? WHAT ALL WOMEN MUST AND NEED TO KNOW – NOW
- FREE COMMUNITY CPR/AED TRAINING – American Heart Association Approved – Easy to learn, Step – by – Step Instruction from TRAINING SOLUTIONS, A Top-rated AHA certified training organization for over 40 years.
- LEARN THE LATEST CPR/AED (DEFIBRILLATOR) Techniques – What every Parent, Babysitter, or anyone who takes care of children – needs to know.
- LEARN FIRST AID TRAINING FOR CHOKING VICTIMS – Infants, Children & Adults
*Optional Same-Day American Heart Association First Aid/CPR/AED Certification, or re-Certification (from training provider) will be available (at end of meeting) at special pricing: $25/Adult (Regular Price: $55); $10/Teen & Young Adult (Regular Price: $35) for persons who want or need to show proof of training.
RECEIVE FIRST AID/CPR/AED WALLET CERTIFICATION CARD VALID FOR 2-YEARS
- GET IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS, CAREGIVERS
& ANYONE WHO LOOKS AFTER CHILDREN
IT’S A NEW STATE LAW – CPR TRAINING IS NOW A GRADUATION REQUIREMENT
FOR ALL HIGH SCHOOL & CHARTER SCHOOL STUDENTS GRADES 9-12
- QUESTIONS? Contact: James Brown, Chair – LBNC Health & Public Safety Committee
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 818-517-6732
*Take the elevator INSIDE the building (north end) up to the 2nd floor,
or the steps OUTSIDE the building.
There’s plenty of FREE PARKING out front in the spaces closest to the street.
The Next Regular Meeting
Saturday October 21, 2017 – Meeting starts 10:00 a