The Flyaway Bus Terminal
2nd Floor meeting room
7610 Woodley Avenue
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Park free in the open lot spaces closest to Woodley Ave
1. WELCOME: 10:00 AM PLEASE SIGN IN.
2. OPENING REMARKS/ANNOUNCEMENTS: James Brown, LBNC 1st VP, & Chair – Health &
Public Safety Committee
3. ATTENDEE/GUEST INTRODUCTIONS
4. PUBLIC COMMENT – NON-AGENDA ITEMS
TOPIC: CONTINUING COMMUNITY FOCUS & TRAINING TO IMPROVE SURVIVAL RATES FOR VICTIMS OF SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST (SCA) EMERGENCIES
WHY IMPROVING BYSTANDER CPR PARTICIPATION IS CRITICAL – WHY LEARN CPR?
MANDITORY CPR TRAINING IN HIGH SCHOOLS/CHARTER SCHOOLS (GRADES 9-12) IS NOW A STATE LAW AND A REQUIREMENT FOR GRADUATION – AB 1719
HEART ATTACK, SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST, STROKE – What’s the difference?
CARDIAC ARREST CAN STRIKE ANYONE- MEN, WOMEN, AND CHILDREN
- FREE COMMUNITY CPR/AED/BASIC FIRST AID TRAINING – American Heart Association Approved – Fun, Easy to learn, Step – by – Step Instruction provided by AHA/Red Cross Certified Instructors.
- LEARN THE LATEST CPR/AED (DEFIBRILLATOR) Techniques for Infants, Children & Adults–What every Teacher, Parent, Babysitter, or anyone who takes care of children – needs to know in a cardiac emergency. Training class lasts 2 – 1/2hours.
- LEARN TO RECOGNIZE STROKE, HEART ATTACK & SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST SYMPTOMS – Infants, Children & Adults
- LEARN HOW TO HELP AN ADULT WITH AN OPIOID-ASSOCIATED LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCY
*Optional Same-Day CPR/AED/First Aid Certification, or re-Certification (from training provider) will be available (at end of class) at special pricing: $30/Adult (Regular Price: $70-$120); $20/Teen – 12 to 18yrs (Regular Price: $55) for persons who want or need to show proof of training to meet professional, job or personal requirements.
RED CROSS CPR/AED/FIRST AID CERTIFICATION CARD VALID FOR 2-YEARS
QUESTIONS? Contact: James Brown, Chair – LBNC Health & Public Safety Committee
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 818-517-6732
The Next Regular Meeting:
Saturday January 19, 2019 – Meeting starts 10:00 am