LAUNCHING A NEW TRADITION IN LOS ANGELES
LA Fleet Week Foundation is the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that supports the annual Fleet Week event in Los Angeles. Held during Labor Day weekend, Fleet Week has become a national tradition honoring the US Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. The event has several elements including active military activities, public events, STEM education expo, concerts, and aircraft demonstrations. Once the ships dock, its crew can enjoy the sights and sounds of our city and visit our local attractions, restaurants and shops. The public get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take guided tours of the ships, honor the service men and women, and enjoy unique entertainment. Please visit our sister website with event details at http://www.lafleetweek.com.
Schedule of Events
LA Fleet WeekTM features an action-packed calendar of events, with something for everyone. Friday, September 2 through Monday, September 5 are the public vessel tour days for LA Fleet WeekTM 2016! Each day, you can enjoy:
- Free U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard ship tours (Reserve your tour online, or come day- of. First-come, first served.)
- Great photo opportunities
- Aerial demonstrations throughout the weekend
- Special dockside tours for the elderly and special needs guests
- STEM Expo with hands-on exhibits and displays
- Military, fire, police and other emergency vehicles and equipment
- U.S. Bank Veterans Village with services and resources for active and retired military
- Discounted tours to Battleship IOWA (free admission to veterans and active military)
and S.S. Lane Victory (free admission to active military)
- Great local dining + popular food trucks and beverages
- Live entertainment
- Free parking shuttle and Downtown Red Car Trolley service
- Lots of shopping, dining, and fun all around the LA Waterfront and LA Harbor
Friday, September 2
8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
1-2 p.m. 3-4 p.m. 4 p.m.
First Thursday Welcome Celebration: The San Pedro Historic Business District welcomes everyone to downtown San Pedro to LA Fleet WeekTM First Thursday Art Walk and Welcome Party. Enjoy an evening of food, culture, entertainment, community and military camaraderie.
Event opens to the public
STEM Expo open
U.S. Bank Veterans Village open
Guided ship tours (ticket required; walk-up tickets first-come, first served) Limited mobility pierside tours (no ticket required; first-come, first served) Selfie photo tours (no ticket required; first-come, first served)
Food trucks: Dogtown Dogs, Slammin’ Sliders, Fries N More, Mangia,
and A ROCKin ICE
Fantastic Patrick (one-man circus) on the outdoor stage
The Topics (classic hits, Latin) on the outdoor stage