Tuesday, October 27, 2015 from 7:30 – 8:30 pm ( following Planning & Land Use Committee )
FIRE STATION 87 @ 10124 BALBOA BLVD., North Hills, CA 91343
Out of an abundance of caution due to expected attendance and participation of a majority of Board Members
at the following committee meeting, this agenda is noticed as a Joint Meeting of the Committee and the Board,
in adherence with the State’s Brown Act.
Dave Brown, Carol Hart, Armando Diaz
John McGovern – President, Dan Gibson – Vice President, Patrick Henry Santos – Treasurer, Carol N. Hart – Secretary
Dave Brown, Armando Diaz, Garry Fordyce, Punam Gohel, David Hyman, Mike Khalid, Dan Mick, David Phelps, Nancy Xander
ALL AGENDA ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION BY THE BOARD.
PLEASE NOTE THE PRESIDING OFFICER OF THE BOARD MAY TAKE ITEMS OUT OF ORDER.
ALL SPEAKER CARDS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE SECRETARY BEFORE THE MEETING BEGINS.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any agenda item before the Board takes an action.
Public comment is limited to 3 minutes per speaker, but the Board has the discretion to modify the amount of time for any speaker.
1. Welcome and Flag Salute followed by Roll Call and announcement of quorum
2. Discussion and possible motion to Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
Review & approval of previous meeting minutes (subject to corrections)
The public may provide comments to the committee on non-agenda items within the Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction.
However, please note that under the Brown Act, the committee is prevented from acting on the issue you bring to its attention
until the matter is agendized for discussion at a future public meeting.
4. Review of the 8TH ANNUAL Valley Disaster Preparedness Fair held Saturday October 3rd at Fire Station 87
5. Discussion regarding Aqueduct Street parking issues in preparation for:
Upcoming MH C-PAB QOL Committee meeting Wed Nov 4, 2015 at Mission Station 615 PM
6. Discussion regarding implementing MYN ( Map Your Neighborhood )
The printing of material, to be distributed to attendees, referred to as a “shingle” is complete
7. Discussion regarding sponsoring and implementing CERT classes
8. Discussion regarding recent escalation of theft from mailboxes in the area
9. Discussion concerning the following City Council file:
Discussion and possible Committee recommendation to the Board regarding issuing a Community Impact Statement:
CF 14-1697 Mayors Resilience by Design / Dr. Lucy Jones / Science Advisor
for Seismic Safety / U.S. Geological Survey / Report Overview &
CF 14-1697 S1 Resilience by Design Report / Costs of Potential Retrofit Mandates
Click the following link and search the council file for details:
10. Committee Member Comments (1 minute each) 10. Requests For Future Agenda Items
11. Motion to Adjourn