· Health & Public Safety Committee Meeting
10/15 at 10:00 am at the FlyAway
Meetings held at the FlyAway Bus Terminal are located at:
The Community Meeting Room on the Second Floor
7610 Woodley Ave. (NE corner of Saticoy and Woodley)
Lake Balboa, CA 91406
Park for FREE out front in the spaces closest to Woodley Avenue.
- WELCOME: 10:00am PLEASE SIGN IN.
- OPENING REMARKS: James Brown, 1st VP, Lake Balboa Neighborhood Council & Chair – Health
& Public Safety Committee; Attendee Introductions
IMPROVING SURVIVAL RATES OF VICTIMS OF SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST
WHY IMPROVING BYSTANDER PARTICIPATION IS CRITICAL WHY DON’T MORE PEOPLE USE CPR?
- Fear of Hurting Someone
- Fear of Legal Liability & Possible Law Suit
- Fear of Using Certain CPR Techniques
- Don’t know how to perform (rusty) CPR
- Latest News on AB 1719 – CPR TRAINING REQUIREMENT FOR HIGH SCHOOL &
CHARTER SCHOOL STUDENTS – CPR TRAINING FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF
- INTRODUCTION OF SPECIAL GUEST: RYAN STEVENS, Training & Business Development Manager – Training Solutions – Top Rated American Heart Association Certified Trainer
- FREE FIRST AID/CPR & AED TRAINING FOR MEETING ATTENDEES: ADULTS &
TEENS/YOUNG ADULTS (12-18 YRS)
- AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION APPROVED Step-By-Step Instruction
- AED (AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR)
- SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF HEART ATTACK AND STROKE
*Optional First Aid/CPR/AED Certification available at special pricing: $25/Adult (Regular Price: $55); $10/Teen & Young Adult (Regular Price: $35) for persons who need to show proof of training.
Lake Balboa Neighborhood Council
P.O. Box 7720, Lake Balboa, CA 91409 — Voicemail (818) 779-9026 Visit our website: www.LakeBalboaNC.org
RECEIVE FIRST AID/CPR/AED CERTIFICATION CARD VALID FOR 2-YEARS
5. PUBLIC COMMENT – On non-agenda items 6. Adjournment.
QUESTIONS? Contact: James Brown, Chair – LBNC Health & Public Safety Committee Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Next Regular Meeting
Saturday November 19, 2016 – Meeting starts 10:00 am