This is an open meeting for all persons interested in Health & Public Safety Issues and Campaigns in Lake Balboa and the San Fernando Valley
MEETING TOPIC: PUBLIC SAFETY: HOW TO SURVIVE AN ACTIVE SHOOTER EVENT – CITY OF LOS ANGELES ACTIVE SHOOTER SURVIVAL PROGRAM – RUN, HIDE, FIGHT
SATURDAY MARCH 16, 2019
10:00 AM – Meeting Start
The Flyaway – Community Meeting Room – 2nd Floor 7610 Woodley Ave (NE Corner of Saticoy & Woodley) Free Parking-short term lot in spaces close to Woodley
1. WELCOME: 10:00 AM PLEASE SIGN IN.
2. OPENING REMARKS/ANNOUNCEMENTS: James Brown, LBNC 1st VP, & Chair – Health &
Public Safety Committee
3. ATTENDEE/GUEST INTRODUCTIONS
4. PUBLIC COMMENT – NON-AGENDA ITEMS
- Bad things can and do occur despite precautions taken. At Airports, Schools, Colleges, Workplaces, Night Clubs Churches, Shopping Malls, anywhere and any time there are groups of people. Recent tragedies remind us that the risk is real. The best ways to make sure you and your loved ones stay safe are to prepare ahead of time and be ready to take an active role in your own safety.
- LEARN TO RECOGNIZE and BE ALERT TO SIGNS OF TROUBLE AND ACTIONS TO TAKE
- WHAT DOES AN ACTIVE SHOOTER LOOK LIKE?
- CAN ACTIVE SHOOTINGS BE PREVENTED?
- LEARN HOW TO RECOGNIZE AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION TO ENSURE THE SAFETY
OF YOU AND YOUR COLLEAGUES
- LEARN HOW TO RESPOND DURING AND AFTER AN ACTIVE SHOOTER INCIDENT
- LEARN WHAT YOUR SURVIVAL OPTIONS ARE – DEVELOPING A MIND SET
- LEARN HOW TO RESPOND WHEN LAW ENFORCEMENT ARRIVES
- LEARN HOW TO TEND TO OTHERS THAT MAY BE WOUNDED
- MEETING ADJOURNED