This is an open meeting for all persons interested in Health & Public Safety Issues and Campaigns in Lake Balboa and the San Fernando Valley
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18 , 201 7
10 :00 AM – Meeting Start
The Flyaway – Community Meeting Room – 2nd Floor
7610 Woodley Ave (NE Corner of Saticoy & Woodley)
Free Parking – short term lot in spaces close to Woodley
1. WELCOME : 10 :00 AM PLEASE SIGN IN .
2. OPENING REMARKS: J ames Brown , LBNC 1st VP, & Chair – Health & Public Safety Committee
3. ATTENDEE /GUEST INTRODUCTIONS
4. PUBLIC COMMENT – NON – AGENDA ITEMS
TOPIC: COMMUNITY FOCUS ON IMPROVING SURVIVAL RATES FOR VICTIMS OF SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST (SCA)
WHY IMPROVING BYSTANDER CPR PARTICIPATION IS CRITICAL – WHY LEARN CPR?
MANDITORY CPR TRAINING IN HIGH SCHOOLS/CHARTER SCHOOLS (GRADES 9 – 12) IS NOW A STATE LAW AND A REQUIREMENT FOR GRADUATION
HEART ATTACK, SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST, STROKE – What’s the difference ?
HEART ATTACKS STRIKE MEN AT YOUNGER AGES THAN WOMEN. BUT SURVIVAL RATES ARE WORSE IN WOMEN. WHY? RECOGNIZING THE SYMPTOMS
5. FREE COMMUNITY CPR/AED TRAINING – American Heart Association Approved – E asy to learn, Step – by – Step Instruction from TRAINING SOLUTIONS, A Top – rated AHA training organization for over 40 years. Taught by AHA Certified instructors
6. LEARN THE LATEST CPR/AE D (DEFIBRILLATOR) Techniques – What every Parent, Babysitter, or anyone who takes care of children – needs to know.
7. LEARN FIRST AID TRAINING FOR CHOKING VICTIMS – Infants, Children & Adults
*Optional Same – Day CPR/AED Certification , or re – Certification (from training provider) will be available (after the meeting) at special pricing: $25/Adult (Regular Price: $ 70 ); $10/Teen – 12 to 18yrs (Regular Price: $ 5 5) for persons who want or need to show proof of training.