The Flyaway – Community Meeting Room – 2nd Floor
7610 Woodley Ave (NE Corner of Saticoy & Woodley)
Free Parking-short term lot in spaces close to Woodley
- WELCOME: 10:00 AM PLEASE SIGN IN.
- OPENING REMARKS: James Brown, 1st VP, LBNC & Chair – Health & Public Safety Committee
- ATTENDEE/GUEST INTRODUCTIONS
- PUBLIC COMMENT – NON-AGENDA ITEMS
TOPIC: COMMUNITY FOCUS ON IMPROVING SURVIVAL RATES
FOR VICTIMS OF SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST (SCA)
WHY IMPROVING BYSTANDER CPR PARTICIPATION IS CRITICAL – What everyone needs to know
OVERCOMING CPR RELUCTANCE – The life of someone you know may be at stake
MANDITORY CPR TRAINING IN HIGH SCHOOLS/CHARTER SCHOOLS (GRADES 9-12)
IS NOW A STATE LAW AND A REQUIREMENT FOR GRADUATION
HEART ATTACK, SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST, STROKE – What’s the difference?
HEART ATTACK GENDER GAP – HEART ATTACKS STRIKE MEN AT YOUNGER AGES THAN WOMEN.
BUT SURVIVAL RATES ARE WORSE IN WOMEN. WHY?
WHAT ALL WOMEN MUST AND NEED TO KNOW – NOW
- FREE COMMUNITY CPR/AED TRAINING – American Heart Association Approved – Easy to learn,
Step – by – Step Instruction from TRAINING SOLUTIONS, A Top-rated AHA training organization
for over 40 years.
- LEARN THE LATEST CPR/AED (DEFIBRILLATOR) Techniques – What every Parent, Babysitter,
or anyone who takes care of children – needs to know.
- LEARN FIRST AID TRAINING FOR CHOKING VICTIMS – Infants, Children & Adults
- *Optional American Heart Association First Aid/CPR/AED Certification, or re-Certification
(from training provider) will be available (after the meeting) at special pricing:
$25/Adult (Regular Price: $55); $10/Teen & Young Adult (Regular Price: $35)
for persons who want or need to show proof of training.
RECEIVE FIRST AID/CPR/AED WALLET CERTIFICATION CARD VALID FOR 2-YEARS
QUESTIONS? Contact: James Brown, Chair – LBNC Health & Public Safety Committee
Email: email@example.com or call: 818-517-6732
*Take the elevator INSIDE the building (north end) up to the 2nd floor,
or the steps OUTSIDE the building. There’s plenty of FREE PARKING out front
in the spaces closest to the street.
- The Next Regular Meeting: Surviving an Active Shooter Event
Saturday August 19, 2017 – Meeting starts 10:00 am