Date and time
LAFD Fire Station 87 (FS 87)
10124 Balboa Blvd DO NOT PARK ON FS Property; use Mayall or nearby parking Granada Hills, CA 91344
About this event
Welcome back to Fire Station 87!!
We will be ‘in-person’ in our local Fire Station going forward.
Hand-Only CPR – You will practice this Life-Saving Technique.
- Cardiac arrest – an electrical malfunction in the heart that causes an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) and disrupts the flow of blood to the brain, lungs and other organs – is a leading cause of death. Each year, more than 350,000 EMS-assessed out-of-hospital cardiac arrests occur in the United States
- When a person has a cardiac arrest, survival depends on immediately receiving CPR from someone nearby. According to the American Heart Association, about 90 percent of people who suffer out-of-hospital cardiac arrests die.
- CPR, especially if performed immediately, can double or triple a cardiac arrest victim’s chance of survival.
- Over 70 percent of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests happen in homes.
- If you are called on to give CPR in an emergency, you will most likely be trying to save the life of someone you love: a child, a spouse, a parent or a friend.
Please join us for our Community Meeting at Fire Station 87.
Keep in mind that there is no parking on the property as it is an ‘active’ fire station and we need to be cautious around the many Fire Station driveways.
Below you can see the general layout of Fire Station 87. Our suggestions on where to park would include along Mayall Street to the south – both West and East of Balboa.
This is a very busy Fire Station; Please Do not go to the main door (facing Balboa). Instead, walk along the South (near Mayall Street) side of the Fire Station to the LEFT of the Guardrail (and thereby to the LEFT of the Fire Engine Driveway/alley). Continue for about 20 feet and to your left will be a door. Go through that door and immediately to your right will be the door to the Community Room.
We suggest that you wear comfortable clothing so that when you ‘practice’, you can easily maneuver.