This class covers the basics of different forms
of emergency communication after a disaster.
A “How to” Course on FRS/GMRS Radios
Topics will include:
• How to pick an FRS/GMRS radio
• The differences between FRS and GMRS radios
• How to program and use an FRS/GMRS radio
• GMRS licensing
• Other choices for emergency communication
(i.e., CB radio and Amateur radio)
• Question and answer session
Please bring your radios if you already own one.
Instructor: Dan Tomlinson
• Member of Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES)
• CERT Level 1, 2, & 3
• Member of LAFD CERT Call Out Team