GHNNC Emergency Preparedness Meeting, Public Encouraged to Attend
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 7:00 PM11139 Woodley Ave., Granada Hills, CA 91344
Northwest corner of Woodley and San Fernando Mission, East side of mall
- Call to order and introductions
- Comments from public officials and government/agency representatives**
- Public comment on non-agenda items**
- Report on the 11th Annual Valley Disaster Preparedness Fair
- Report on the Neighborhood Council Emergency Preparedness Alliance meeting (canceled for Sept.)
- Fire Extinguishers and How To Use Them
With the holiday season approaching, we are reminded of the need to be extra careful with decorations. A large number of home fires are caused or enhanced by holiday displays. Prevention is best, certainly, but what if a fire breaks out? Do you have working fire extinguishers that are easily accessible? Do you know how to P.A.S.S? Fire extinguishers are not created equal. Learn which work best on what fires.
Sally Tompson, LAFD CERT Battalion 10 Co-coordinator and call-out team member, will present a review of extinguisher usage. Bring those in your family that could benefit from learning how to extinguish small fires before they become BIG fires.
- Request from Committee members and members of the public to suggest items for a future Emergency Preparedness Committee meeting. What’s on your mind?