**City Planning Behind Closed Doors!
* Since February, the City has been working, behind closed doors, on the General Plan, for the vision and future of Los Angeles. Mayor Garcetti has said, “residents must have a sense of ownership over the development of our communities”.
* Councilmember Huizar, Chair of PLUM, pledged that City Hall will now act to bring “accountability and transparency back into our General Plan and Community Plan processes”.
*VANC urges involvement from NC councils and Alliances in the participation and input of the General Plan and Community Plans; meetings must be open to the public to ensure Transparency and Openness.
Tony Wilkinson, VANC Executive Committee; Ron Ziff, President SONC;
Lisette Covarrubias, Neighborhood Liaison, External Affairs, Dept. of City Planning
- Welcome and Introductions Jill Banks Barad, Founder and Chair
- Safe Sidewalk LA Program- (Gayle Greenberg, Murakawa Communications)
- NC Funding Program: New Guidelines and Progress Report (Leyla Campos)
- NC/BONC Subdivision Ordinance ( “Hermon Ordinance”) Now there are 97 NCs citywide. Update: DONE Funding policy on new NCs, equitable and fair?
- NC Congress, Saturday, September 9: Update (Cindy Cleghorn, Sunland-Tujunga)
- NC Liaisons- Animal Welfare, Film, Purposeful Aging
- LADWP Bill of Rights- NC input?
- Important Council Files for NCs to consider(Glenn Bailey, Northridge East/ Encino NCs)
- Items from the floor
Mark your calendar:
- Next VANC meeting- Thursday, July 13
- VANC Forum: The Future of LA: Planning and Transportation,
Thursday, Nov. 9, 6 p.m. CBS Studios, Studio City. Stay tuned for details…..