Saturdays, September 1 & September 8, 2018
9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Designed for scouts and scout leaders, outdoor enthusiasts and anyone who works or spends time in remote environments, this course teaches advanced skills to be used in emergencies when help from professional first responders may be far away. Based on the Boy Scouts of America Wilderness First Aid Curriculum and Doctrine Guidelines, this course aligns with OSHA’s Best Practices for Workplace First Aid Training Programs.
Prerequisites: Must be at least 14 years old and hold current adult CPR/AED certification.
2-year certification-Digital certificate available upon successful completion of course.
Course length: 16 hours
- Primary and Secondary Assessments
- Head/Brain, Neck and Spinal Injuries
- Heat-Related Emergencies
- Altitude-Related Illnesses
- Allergies and Anaphylaxis
- Bone and Joint Injuries
- Wounds and Wound Infection
- Wilderness and Remote First Aid Reference Guide
- Wilderness and Remote First Aid Pocket Guide
- Purchase the print materials
- SOS Survival Products
C. Denise Edwards Training Center
15705 Strathern St., #11
Van Nuys, CA 91406