This committee is dedicated to keeping the North Hills West Stakeholders up to date on items that they may need, to prepare for an Earthquake or any other type of disaster we may encounter. This is a great Committee to join and learn as much as you want about this topic. The information table at every meeting always has a variety of the latest information available, as well as sources for additional information. Training, usually free, or at most very low cost, is available in conjunction with several specialized groups. Including everything from CPR to Pet First Aid, to how to economically prepare for prolonged infrastructure damage. We support Neighborhood Watch groups and work with other Neighborhood Councils towards common goals. While this sometimes means we are volunteering outside of our physical area, when a disaster of whatever shape it takes happens, it will certainly not recognize any borders, and we will need to rely upon those partners.
Dave Brown-Chair, Kreshell Ramey, Maggie Elliott, Jim Cockrell, Bonnie Cockrell, Jill Akahoshi, Tina Purwin
Helpful Links & Information:
And many others, on an ongoing basis
NHWNC Emergency Plan June 3, 2019
AFTER A DISASTER:
Once a “BIG” one, of any description occurs, the time to prepare is OVER.
- December 12, 2019, Special Joint Board / Outreach & Emergency Preparedness Committee Meeting Agenda
- March 25, 2019 Emergency Preparedness & Public Safety Committee and Joint Board Meeting Agenda
- December 18, 2017 Emergency Preparedness & Public Safety Committee Agenda
- July 6, 2017 Emergency Preparedness & Public Safety Committee Agenda
- December 12, 2019, Emergency Preparedness Committee Meeting Draft Minutes
- March 25, 2019 Emergency Preparedness & Public Safety Committee Meeting Minutes Approved 12-12-2019
- December 18, 2017 Emergency Preparedness & Public Safety Committee Minutes
- July 6, 2017 Emergency Preparedness & Public Safety Committee Meeting Minutes
AFTER A DISASTER: