Every year, a significant number of people throughout the City and County of
Los Angeles engage in the extremely dangerous practice of discharging firearms into the air to celebrate the arrival of the New Year. California Penal Code Section 246.3 prohibits negligent discharging of firearms. Any person who violates Section 246.3 will have their firearm confiscated and will be arrested for a felony crime. Stop the senseless act of firing weapons into the air and CELEBRATE SAFELY.
New Year’s driver recommendations to stay safe:
1. Drivers need to be alert and respectful of pedestrian rights.
2. Please Slow Down! Especially during evening hours.
- At marked, or unmarked, intersections such as this unmarked crosswalk, pedestrians have the legal right to cross the street, unless signs prohibit the crossing. Drivers must be reminded of their legal responsibility to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians within any marked or unmarked crosswalks.
4. It is illegal to pass a car that has stopped for a pedestrian who is crossing the intersection.
5. Wear your seat belt! Seat belts save over 13,000 lives every year. One of them could be yours. Please wear your seat belt and ensure everyone in your vehicle has it on before you drive away.
6. Remember, that texting and cell phone use while driving is dangerous and illegal. If you chose to drive with a cell phone in one hand you will have a ticket in the other hand. Distracted driving is dangerous driving which could result you being involved in a traffic collision where someone may be injured or killed.Have a safe and enjoyable New Year with your family and friends. If you are going to include alcoholic beverages in your celebration, please do not drink and drive. Be safe!!!
Efren Corral #35472
Senior Lead Officer
Los Angeles Police Department
10250 Etiwanda Avenue
Northridge, CA 91325
Desk: (818) 832-0746
Cell: (424) 339-4079
Just returned to the office from my vacation and I hope you had a Merry Christmas. I hope you and your family have a safe and enjoyable New Year!
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH MEETING:
My next neighborhood watch meeting is scheduled for Thursday January 11th, 2018 at 7:00 pm. at The Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, 17037 Plummer Street in Northridge. Please join me for a detailed crime update for the Devonshire Area.