In December 2021, the State launched the California Mortgage Relief Program to provide assistance to homeowners who fell behind on their housing payments due to financial hardships they experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic. The program is funded by the 2021 American Rescue Plan Act’s Homeowner Assistance Fund and administered by the California Housing Finance Agency Homeowner Relief Corporation.
El Programa de Rescate Hipotecario de California que ayuda a dueños de casa empezará a ofrecer la opción de recibir ayuda con los impuestos prediales. Visitehttps://CaMortgageRelief.org/es para ver si califica para el programa actual o inscríbase para recibir una notificación por correo electrónico cuando la ayuda con los impuestos prediales esté disponible.
The California Mortgage Relief Program is expanding to help homeowners who may be current on their mortgage payments but are delinquent on property tax payments. Eligible homeowners could receive up to $20,000 to cover past-due property tax payments.
There is no cost to apply, and the funds never have to be paid back.
Applicants seeking property tax relief must meet all of the following criteria:
- Faced a pandemic-related financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic after January 21, 2020.
- Household income at or below 100 percent of their county’s Area Median Income.
- Missed one property tax payment before June 13, 2022.
- Only own and occupy one property in California as their primary residence.
- Own a single-family home, condominium, or permanently affixed manufactured home.
Homeowners can check their eligibility, apply for property tax relief, and obtain information in several additional languages at https://CaMortgageRelief.org. For assistance, please contact (888) 840-2594 or email@example.com. Homeowners may also sign up for the program’s e‑newsletter for notification when applications open.