NORTH HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
GENERAL BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Posted 72 hours prior to meeting – All Meetings are open to the Public
Thursday, June 18,2015 @7PM
NEW HORIZONS – SAMS CAFE @ 15725 Parthenia Street, North Hills, CA
John McGovern – President, Dan Gibson – Vice President, Patrick Henry Santos – Treasurer, Carol N. Hart – Secretary Dave Brown, Armando Diaz, Garry Fordyce, Punam Gohel, David Hyman, Mike Khalid, David Phelps, Nancy Xander Dan Mick
ALL AGENDA ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION BY THE BOARD. PLEASE NOTE THE PRESIDING OFFICER OF THE BOARD MAY TAKE ITEMS OUT OF ORDER. ALL SPEAKER CARDS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE V. P. BEFORE THE MEETING BEGINS.
- Welcome and Flag Salute
- Roll Call and announcement of quorum
- Public Agencies -Speakers / 5 to 7 minutes
- Motion to reimburse expenses to Nancy Xander, Dave Brown , Dan Gibson and John McGovern for various expenses while checking system was down from Banking Problems. All expenses are pre allocated to committees and board functions per various motions and are ok to pay at this time .
- Motion to allocate up to $ 3500.00 for new Neighborhood watch signs and installation and permit fees for new neighborhood requests.
- Motion to allocate funds up to the permissable limit to the Budget Advocates office .
- Motion to allocate funds up to the permissable limit Neighborhood congress of councils event.
- Motion to reallocate funds from various categories to handle all expenses and NPG’s
- Motion to accept MER for previous month
- Committee Reports
- Board Comments- 1 minutes each
12. General Public Comment – The public may provide comments to the board on non-agenda items within the board’s subject matter jurisdiction . (Limited to 1 minutes per speaker.)
16. Motion to adjourn
The North Hills West Neighborhood Council Agendas are posted for public review at the following North Hills West location : Uncle Joe’s Donuts – 8704 Woodley Ave. North Hills , CA. 91343
PUBLIC INPUT AT NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL MEETINGS – The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item on the Agenda PRIOR to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments on other matters, not appearing on the Agenda that are within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction, will be heard during the Public Comment On Non-Agendized Items period.
THE AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT – As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices and other auxiliary aids and/or services, may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting John McGovern, Board President, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 818-809-9158
RECONSIDERATION PROCESS – Reconsideration of a vote by the Board may be called as a motion by the Board members that voted on the prevailing side of the decision.
GRIEVANCE PROCESS – A stakeholder or group of stakeholders may present a grievance concerning the legality of actions by the Board during public comment. Substantive grievances will be examined by a panel set by the Board and the decisions may be appealed to the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment.
PUBLIC ACCESS OF RECORDS – In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the Board in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda please contact John McGovern, Board President, via email at email@example.com, by phone 818-809-9158 or mail to NHWNC – PO Box 2091 – North Hills – CA – 91393.
NHWNC BYLAWS – Please be advised that the Bylaws of the North Hills West Neighborhood Council provide a process for reconsideration of actions as well as a grievance procedure. For your convenience, the Bylaws are available during every meeting.
SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR AL CONCEJO VECINAL 3 DÍAS DE TRABAJO (72 HORAS) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA ASISTENCIA CON ESTA NOTIFICACION, POR FAVOR CONTACTE A JOHN MCGOVERN, PRESIDENTE DE LA MESA, POR EMAIL A JMCGOVERN@NHWNC.NET O POR TELEFONO 818-809-9158