This is an open invitation to all persons interested in Emergency Preparedness and Amateur Radio in Lake Balboa and all of the San Fernando Valley
The Flyaway Bus Terminal – Community Meeting Room, Second Floor
(GO INSIDE – take elevator at north end of the building to second floor – turn right to the end of the hall
7610 Woodley Avenue (NE Corner of Saticoy and Woodley) Van Nuys, CA 91406
(PARK FREE out front in the spaces closest to Woodley Avenue)
Amateur Radio Check-In every Sunday morning, 9:00 AM, Simplex 145.570. If busy, go down by 10’s to 145.530. NO FURTHER!
Contact: Linda Pruett, EP Chair; LindaP@lakebalboanc.org
For Info on Emergency Preparedness call Linda Pruett at (818) 345-9809 or email LindaP@lakebalboanc.org.
1. Call to Order, Welcome, Scribe’s Instructions
2. Intros, Approval of 8-12-17 EP Meeting Minutes
3. Committee Reports – LAPD SLOs, OFFICER ISALA PARRA & OFFICER STEVE OLIVERAS; Public Safety Committee, JAMES BROWN; EP Communications, DAN TOMLINSON.
4. Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items.
5. Report on hugely successful VALLEY DISASTER PREPAREDNESS FAIR: BILL HOPKINS
6. Selection of Vice Chair of EP Committee by EP Chair. Need Volunteers to serve on EP Committee.
7. Don’t forget contributions for OPERATION BLANKETS OF LOVE for animals in Shelters, including clean blankets and towels, collars and leashes, food and treats, stainless steel food bowls, crates, igloos, and carriers, litter, flea meds and other dog and cat related items. REMEMBER: SHELTERS HAVE NO BUDGET FOR ANY COMFORT ITEMS!!!
8. Speaker: BRYAN PARENT. Bryan hails from Boston and lives with his new wife and 3 year old black lab, Autumn. He is a Board Member and Public Safety Chair of the Hollywood Studio District NC. He served as a Tactical Intelligence Officer in the US Army and Massachusetts Army National Guard for 6 years and after medical retirement did his Master’s Thesis at Penn State in Homeland Security and Geospatial Intelligence, involving EP in the City of Los Angeles and its Neighborhood Councils. He is currently investigating Violent Extremism in and around Los Angeles. This morning he will be speaking to us on violent extremism in LA and LA County and the radicalization cycle and how to stop or react to it.
Communications Committee: Contact Committee Chair, Dan Tomlinson (NR6V) at (818) 776-0474 or DTomlinson@socal.rr.com for information on Ham/FRS/GMRS Radios and Classes.
Sunday Morning Lake Balboa Amateur Radio Net: EVERY SUNDAY, 9:00 AM, Simplex 145.570. How Far Can We Transmit? On What Equipment and Power? Who Hears Us? All Licensed Hams are Invited! We are a very friendly Net, and we especially love to help NEW Hams get started!
Don’t be shy – come check in with us! You’ll make some great new friends and have fun, too!
FRS/GMRS/Walkie-Talkie Check-In: Every Second Sunday: 9:45 AM, Channel 5, (Channel 3 if 5 if 5 is busy). An easy and great way for EVERYBODY to communicate after a disaster! Quick and easy to do!
SFV Amateur Radio Club Meeting: (Always the 3rd Friday), Next meeting will be Friday, October 20th AT 7:30pm. PLEASE NOTE NEW (FOR US!!!) MEETING LOCATION: LAPD WEST VALLEY STATION in the COMMUNITY ROOM, 19020 Vanowen St., Reseda, CA 91335. Park behind the Library next door. All are welcome!
Granada Hills North Neighborhood Council EP Meeting, Third Tuesdays. Next Meeting 10/17/17, 7:00 PM, Bill Hopkins, EP Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org — More Great EP Information and Fun!
Meetings at Granada Hills North NC Office, 11139 Woodley Ave. Granada Hills 91344
Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting of the Lake Balboa EP Committee on Saturday, 11/11/17, at 9:00 AM
2nd Floor Community Room, Flyaway Bus Terminal, 7610 Woodley Ave., Lake Balboa, CA 91406
For Emergency Preparedness and Map Your Neighborhood Information, contact EP Committee Co-Chairs, Linda Pruett at email@example.com (818) 384-8375, or Sandy Joseph at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check the www.CERT-LA.com website often to stay abreast of all that’s happening in the CERT world,
and www.LakeBalboaNC.org for information about our Lake Balboa Neighborhood Council.